« Home | Electoral reform » | Scotland and Iraq on concert car-bomb-bombing aler... » | EU EUcked? » | Four Year Anniversary for War Protester » | Big Brother confusion around Deep Throat identity » | Blair: David Davis "Almost Prime Minister" » | Play the George W Bush Game! » | G8 Protest Organisers in Court » | Estonia says Maybe » | G8 Leak Proves Edinburgh 'Dispensable' »

Hawks would say the Daily Mail is my Lamont

Tony Hawks said that every time he reaches an important decision in his life, he would think about what Norman Lamont would do. He'd then do exactly the opposite. The joke is out of date, but the sentiment is a good one.

I've done two things this weekend I don't normally do. Firstly, I don't normally read the Daily Mail. Secondly, I don't normally post - both of these things are possible because I'm back home. I've just read the words 'Why Bob Geldof is So Wrong' as a title to an article in the Daily Mail. Until I read them, I had no interest in Live 8, and as little as possible in Geldof. Now I want to get tickets. If the Daily Mail doesn't like it, then there must be something in it.