« Home | Hague's assessment » | Digby's Diary » | Conference Confidential » | Conference Confidential » | Conference Confidential » | Trouble ahead as Mods and Rockers head to Blackpool » | Moss to stand for Tory leadership » | Marking time for the one-legged army » | Liars' brain patterns differ from honest folk » | Body found at Government building »

Conference eats into profits of Kennington restaurants

The owners of the Kennington Tandoori, and Ghandi's on Kennington Road have announced that their profits have dramatically fallen since the weekend.

Both restaurants' windows bare photographs of local cigarette salesman and curry eater extraordinaire, Mr Kenneth Clarke.

"Mr Clarke seems to have gone away, my profits have halved, oh deary deary me, whatever shall we do? But but ding ding." Said the owner of Kennington Tandoori, Mr Dave Wright.

The owner of Ghandi's refused to comment on the absence of his most famous customer since the weekend saying "oh deary deary me, I refuse to comment, whatever shall I do?"


I liked the Dave Wright bit. A cunning bit of stereotype subversion. I'm trying to think of some Tory stereotypes, so I can paraphrase this. But I keep falling asleep.


I assume the owner of Ghandis is a Lord Wilberforce Everington?

Post a Comment