« Home | The Bachelor of Baghdad » | Flat Tax Update » | » | Mowlam Dead » | Cameron: Clarke a 'Huge Figure' » | Borrowers turn to fixed-rate mortgages » | EXCLUSIVE! Buerk responsible for proposed fertilit... » | Prescott and Brown's Death Tax proposal » | Clarke fined for not paying licence fee » | The Slave Trade »

"You'll never get rid of us!"

This article (in the Mail again, I'm afraid) made me laugh. I didn't read past the headline, though.

Surely getting rid of a group whose main form of terror is suicide bombing is just a matter of patience? I mean, evil containing the seeds of its own undoing and all that...


Crack suicide squad - attack! That showed em, huh?!


On reading the article in full, I realise that they are talking about extremist Muslim clerics, and that no direct link has been proven between these people and the attacks in London, or indeed between Muslim extremism and the attacks in Madrid and New York.

I haven't been paying much attention to the news for the last 25 years, so I'm confused by the reference to Magna Carta in the article. Can we still appeal to that, considering it was signed more than half a millenium ago?


It's a good thing my mother isn't reading this...


The Mail is definately one of the worst offenders. It does pander rather to the fears of middle England. Personally I favour the Sun. It doesn't have the same undertones of hatred of the mail and it doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is.... and page 3 is always a winner. I suggest the Times, Guardian and Independant should start adorning its pages with page 3 lovlies, although maybe they should all be wearing cardigans and glasses just so as not to lower the tone too much. In fact, sexy secretaries would be about right, phwoor! The FT too could do with something to brighten up its pages; sexy stock traders, both of them.

I'm off to take a cold shower.


Precisely. The important thing is to make sure they don't take anyone else with them - fellow suicide bombers in training not withstanding. And perhaps, to make sure they don't breed, and instil hatred in tiny little trainee suicide bombers before they go.

I'd also like to make it clear that these are my feelings on all suicide bombers, not just those of any particular religion or nationality. Cowardice is something that crosses boundaries, both political and religious, to my mind. The fact that I've yet to hear of a Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh or Buddhist suicide bomber is probably due to a different kind of cowardice, but one I have no issue with.


It's true. Though in Britain it tends to be taken for granted too. And I wouldn't know who to be more disgusted with - someone who would use a child for protection or someone who would be proud to have shot the child anyway. Just cause their dad was a piece of work, doesn't mean they would be - though watching your father die (as the child may have otherwise) might be a pretty good incentive to terrorise.

Damn, I was hoping this post would inspire flippant comments only...


Unless you decide to blow yourself up in protest over 'undeliverable' emails.


It's also difficult to get stains out of anything if your arms are several metres from your torso.


100 virgins?! I don't like this jumper anyway, and blood doesn't show up on black.

Post a Comment