« Home | Borat and the Wrath of the Kazakhs » | The news before it happens! » | Late blow to the Cameron campaign » | Toy soldiers » | Blair to play guitar for Best tribute » | Where's Chris? » | Canadian government collapses » | Archer bid to rejoin human race » | Best hangs on for the weekend papers » | 24 hour licensing: Stalin's fifth column »

Taki to take over at the Spectator?

He may have finally lost it, but we can only hope that this is true and that the white-haired-one will be replaced by the white-nosed-one…

"The powers that be have told me that I shall be named editor of The Spectator if Boris becomes a front bencher and resigns. This is only fair. I’ve been waiting for the top job for 28 years, seven proprietors and five editors. My first act will be to move Mary Wakefield’s desk next to mine, lock the door, and exercise my droit de seigneur. The next act will be to fire myself having exercised my rights. Well worth waiting for."

Current gossip puts Simon Heffer, the chap who authored the leader on Scoucers that got Boris in trouble, in the lead, closely followed by Matthew D'Ancona from the Daily Telegraph. Expect the Sexator to go from strength to strength under the stewardship of a coke head Greek billionaire womaniser though…