« Home | Chimney Watch: Day 17 » | Kilroy Unveils Shadow Cabinet » | Daily Election Bulletin » | Exclusive: Bush 'Not to Feature' on Labour Campai... » | Pope Decision » | LibDems call Crisis Meeting » | Taxi Driver Politics » | Prescott Minions Forced to the Streets » | It's like deja-vu all over again » | Sandra Howard: Nothing of the Night about Michael »

Kennedy brings out Merciful Side in Paxman

Charles Kennedy pulled off a remarkable coup yesterday by making Jeremy Paxman appear merciful.

Kennedy floundered on a range of questions from the BBC assassin, notably: local income tax; votes for prisoners; a commitment to the Iraqi people and his smoking and drinking habits. The other question was about road-user charging.


Kennedy: lucky to be alive

Paxman later stated "I don't know what happened, I had him on the floor, about to blood-eagle him and all of a sudden I just stopped… I remembered what Chris said about kicking a puppy and I looked into his tearful left-wing eyes and I couldn't bring myself to do it"


I agree - we ended up screaming at Paxman during the road-user charging question but he had the scent of blood...

Interesting that even though it was an aggressive interview, Paxman kept the tone quite measured.

Expect him to get more heated and irritated (mock frustration rather than disinterest) with Blair and Howard.

Post a Comment