« Home | » | My lunch » | UN Survey Failure » | professional customer care » | ASBOs for the unborn » | IRA bombs blast Belfast police » | You couldn't make it up: Kilroy in Veritas leaders... » | MoD "Regain control of John Reid" » | Nous sommes tous Infidèles » | Another inappropriate theory »

To boldly go where no urn has gone before

James Doohan's ashes are to be blasted into space.

From MSNBC:
When the series ended in 1969, Doohan found himself typecast as Montgomery Scott, the canny engineer with a burr in his voice. In 1973, he complained to his dentist, who advised him: "Jimmy, you're going to be Scotty long after you're dead. If I were you, I'd go with the flow."

"I took his advice," said Doohan, "and since then everything's been just lovely."


Though instant remarks about Kyoto and wasting both fossil fuels and technology come quickly to mind, I can't help thinking how far he has come, if he was so worried about being typecast before.