« Home | Blair determines to defeat ideologies of terrorist... » | Democrats seek political gain from Katrina » | 'Spy' cons 8 people out of £1m » | American South desperately needs food, water, phot... » | Rampant Leftism » | Paisley Appointed to Mediation Helpline » | Mandelson's Bra Issues » | Regression Therapy » | "You'll never get rid of us!" » | The Bachelor of Baghdad »

Difficulties with depression epidemic getting government down

An epidemic of depression in Britain is leading many senior health officials to excessive drinking, to escape the pressures of implementing the Government's plan to treat up to a million clinically depressed people.

Lord Richard Layard, leading the plans, was heard to say "I just don't see the point. Every day there seem to be more and more depressives to deal with. When's it going to end? How can I go on?"

Louise Appleby, the Government's mental health tsar, said "Я думаю вы должно знать я чувствует очень отжатым. не попытайтесь включить мой восторг, я не получите одно.."


Louise Appleby with her wife and family

In other news, suspicious marks have appeared on Patricia Hewitt's wrists.


Matt, having vainly attempted to offend me yesterday, you choose to completely baffle me today.
Alec


Well, if I explain it, it won't be funny. Though if it's not funny already then perhaps it doesn't matter.

1) Government has plans to tackle depression

2) I surmise that the plans are so overwhelmingly large-scale that the Government is, ironically, depressed about it.

3) Louise Appleby is the mental health tsar. She is therefore Russian, and has a beard and a large family. The Russian is meant to read 'I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed. Don't attempt to engage my enthusiasm - I haven't got one'. Though it probably doesn't. It's a quote from Marvin the Paranoid Android.

4) Patricia Hewitt is the Secretary of State for Health. She's depressed too.

I'd like this site to be as accessible as possible. If anyone else is confused by a post, please let me know. Conversely, if a post appears without either humour or serious insight once explained, please let us know and we will exercise harsh punishment on its writer.


Thank you for the thorough explanation. Its all quite obvious really, except for the quote in Russian. I'm just having a long day at the office.
Perhaps I should have read the link to the article in the Guardian before embarrassing myself online.
Now I'm depressed.
Alec


Don't be depressed Alec - I embarrass myself online nearly every day.


hello all.

its hot here and the keyboards have all the letters in the wrong places and I cant find the apostrophe key (or the spell checker)

hope all is well in the UK.

bye


He's in Florida, where I am led to believe it has recently been rather breezy. He's still alive though.


I'll concede that as soon as you admit that there's a u in colour - if you had the car and the computer first, we definitely had the language first.


I think it even calls it an error in 'English, other' - which I think is the Microsoft terminology for English from England. Which tells you not only that Bill Gates is American, but also that he is a 'piece of work' - (for piece of work, read bastard).


Congratulate Babel Fish, not me.


I was in Spain when the keys were in the wrong place on the computer.

The 'y' is where the 'x' should be.

stupid foreigners.

Post a Comment